Managing a golf club through a period of unprecedented change
A quality, contemporary members’ club was to be affected by a housing development on adjoining land. Its owners asked Cornerstone Golf to assist in managing the club during a planning period and assist them with professional communications for the proposed changes to the golf course and facilities that were set to follow.
With a housing development on adjoining land set to cause disruption and discontent amongst members, there was an imminent need to manage the situation, ensure members received regular, professional communications, and bolster the club’s sales and marketing provision so that they did not find themselves vulnerable to adverse effects of the development.
Our fixed-term management contract was to span three years, with imminent, proactive changes required.
Cornerstone Golf undertook a complete operational and business review, made and implemented operational changes, including some personnel, and led member communications.
In that time Cornerstone Golf assumed full responsibility for managing the Club, sourced a General Manager with the ability to drive income and deliver targets, lead and motivate staff, market and sell the facility across all functions, develop programmes to maintain member and visitor satisfaction, and maintain operational standards.
Cornerstone Golf were responsible for the production of the annual budget, weekly sales reports and monthly management accounts, including cashflow forecasts. We reported back to the owners via monthly board reports, accounts and management information.
- Changes to senior management and accounting function
- New management information, including weekly sales reports and monthly management accounts
- Improved departmental structure with improved cascade communication
- Re-positioned the club, improved its website, and enhanced social media channels
- Significantly uplifted cleanliness, operating standards, golf course presentation and service levels
- Step changed member communication by introducing e-newsletters, permanent displays and staged presentation evenings regarding the changes
- Greater outbound sales activity
- Introduction of a golf academy
- YoY improvements in membership numbers, turnover and contribution.
Planning was approved, as were changes to the golf course. Cornerstone Golf were subsequently appointed and integrated into the permanent management team.
View our Services
Please fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch with you very shortly.