Energising a Tired Member’s Club
Like many clubs up and down the country, this long leasehold proprietary members club was in a sound financial position, but chronic underinvestment meant cracks were beginning to show. Cornerstone Golf were engaged to turn the tide.
A 180-acre proprietary members club was in a reasonable financial position, with an annual turnover of £1.2m, and EBITDA of £220k. But underinvestment in the facility was starting to show, and its relevance to both members and visitors was declining.
All the ingredients were in place; an 18-hole course, 9-hole course, practice facilities and a clubhouse which could accommodate functions of up to 300 people.
With potential to be realised, Cornerstone Golf:
- Cleaned up the facility, re-painted the clubhouse, and produced a new corporate ID with supporting signage throughout
- Restructured the cost base and updated the accounting systems
- Recruited a new General Manager, Head Chef and Sales support
- Updated the website and social media channels, and introduced online tee-time booking functionality for both courses
- Upgraded IT and installed new operating system for membership, retail and food and beverage.
- Turnover increased by 23% YoY
- EBITDA rose by 33% YoY
- Projected out-turn of 270k EBITDA.
View our Services
Please fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch with you very shortly.