Creating a structure for success
With personnel changes impacting on business performance and continuity at this long leasehold private members club in Southern England, Cornerstone Golf came in to advise the board, address the structure and build a platform for long-term success.
Recent changes to senior management had impeded this private members’ club’s efforts to deal with an ageing membership profile, falling revenues and shortcomings in the club’s outdated facilities.
Cornerstone Golf were appointed to advise the club’s board on the correct structure and governance to enable them to employ the right management team, and produce a 10-year business plan that would future-proof the club.
An examination of all the key elements of the operation led to the production of a strategic review, and associated business plan, that recommended:
- A revised executive function
- Changes to the constitution and rules
- Changes in personnel, roles and responsibilities
- A new clubhouse capital works project
- Revised club positioning, to re-emphasise the strengths of the club
- Review of club pricing
- Development opportunities that would allow the necessary capital works to be funded
- Change in senior management
- Change in constitution and rules
- Improved compliance in HR and health and safety
- Improved executive structure with clear departmental communication
- Re-positioning of the club, improved website, enhanced social media footprint
- Greater outbound sales activity
- 10-year development strategy to facilitate the refurbishment of club facilities
- YoY improvement in turnover and contribution.
View our Services
Please fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch with you very shortly.